In good company on Sub Pop’s Best of 2012 list(s): Broadist is alongside Rookie Mag, La Luz, and Kyle from King Tuff. Thanks, Sasha + Sub Pop for being GREAT.
hotgirlsintrenchcoatsonbikes asked: thanks for the twitter shout out, ladies. stay hot. (& consider riding some bikes while wearing trench coats so I can put you on my blog.)
Hey, thanks! We will surely send any and all bike/trench related outfits in your direction.
- vintage Gitano pants: thrifted at Sideshow (Hudson, NY)
- t-shirt: Austin Facial Hair Club, via Fun Fun Fun Fest
- vintage ESPRIT hiking boots: free from mom
- faux-leather bomber jacket: Target
- vintage cat-eye glasses: thrifted at Re/Dress
- NARS matte lipstick in ‘Jungle Red’
- backpack (not pictured): Urban Outfitters (sale!)
These pants remind me of this jumpsuit, but more practical. The jumpsuit’s sentiment holds, though, to quote myself: “The piece has oft been described by onlookers as “the least flattering thing I’ve ever seen you wear” and “you look like a giant vagina,” both of which make me want to wear it in public even more.” Sounds about right.
feministstoriesmovie asked: Nice to follow you - love your blog!
Hey, thanks so much!
A few weeks ago a man approached me while I was downtown waiting for the bus. We both had just exited the 150, which runs from my campus and the Veteran’s hospital (both in La Jolla) to downtown San Diego. I was listening to music on my phone as I usually do, sunglasses on, unsmiling. I was not…
shadood: Doing a Thanksgiving jig outside the office.
- vintage sparkle blouse: from my nabe in NJ
- faux leather bomber: Target
- glitter suspenders: American Apparel
- vintage booties: thrifted in Austin TX
- pleated red skirt: Urban Outfitters sale
- circle scarf: c/o Express
- black HUE tights
- blue hat: from lost and found at work
Happy 4-ish days off! See you next week. <3